Molycop’s cast high chrome grinding media has been designed for fine and dry grinding applications that can perform in a broad range of milling environments and applications.
Our cast high chrome product is available in a full range of sizes and chrome levels that can be adjusted to fit your requirements. Plus, our advanced melting techniques and adherence to tightly controlled alloy chemistries ensures our customers receive a consistently high-quality product.
Cast high chrome grinding media has been designed to effectively liberate a wide variety of minerals such as gold, silver, lead, zinc, copper, iron during the comminution process.
The chemistries have been designed for use in mining applications to ensure optimal product performance. Molycop can supply product with chrome levels ranging from 10–30% based on your requirements:
- Primary/secondary ball milling – Cast high chrome media with lower wear speed rates that offer a longer lasting product to liberate the desired minerals from crushed ore.
- Regrind/fine grinding – Smaller ball sizes that can be used for fine or regrind applications.
Cast high chrome grinding media offers optimal performance for the dry grinding of limestone and cement in all types of ball milling common to the cement industry. The product is typically tempered for dry cement applications.
- Finish milling – Product can be designed to effectively grind clinker in dual or mono chamber cement mills. Optimised ball charges can ensure proper grinding efficiency to fully utilise the mill power to produce the required Blaine.
- Raw milling – Cast high chrome grinding media offer a longer lasting ball for dry or wet raw milling of the kiln feed material.
- Coal milling – Corrosive grinding conditions in milling of fuel materials for the kiln can be better handled by our more durable cast high chrome grinding media.