On many gold plants, leach performance is directly determined by gold leach kinetics. Residence times are limited, often due to throughput exceeding plant name plate capacity.
Certain aspects of your leaching circuit need to be analysed to understand the hidden benefit in gold leach kinetics.
There are several reasons why a gold leach kinetics project should be undertaken, including the following:
- Increase gold recovery (1 to 5% range)
- Determine if pre-oxidation will be beneficial
- Specify the right O2 & NaCN dosage/control equipment
- Size the O2 equipment correctly
- Adjust leach to optimal NaCN to DO ratio (for max kinetics)
- Select better setpoints for both DO and CN to optimise kinetics and reduce NaCN consumption
- Determine feed material O2-demand and CN-demand
- Conduct scenario calculations (leach modelling) for different feed blends – current and future.